Re: Losing weight with a bad back
Look to your "sweat quotient", diet, water intake, bowel movements, stress level and sleep schedule for more ways to lower your weight.
1. The amount of activity I most commonly hear today is 30-45 minutes, 4 times a week. Build up to this; don't go bang-on-full-into-it. Make sure you work up a little sweat with the activities you choose. Walking is a great way to start.
2. Start a daily food diary, writing down what you are actually eating and drinking for a week (most people are surprised). Adjust your diet accordingly.
3. An easy rule of thumb for water intake is if your urine is yellow, then you aren't drinking enough water (disregard if taking multi-vitamin).
4. If you aren't having at least one bowel movement per day, you are probably full of... well, you know. Increase your natural fiber intake.
5. Stress makes the body hold on to FAT. Take 15 minutes out of your day to actually relax.
6. Do you feel rested in the mornings? If not, perhaps the amount or quality of your sleep isn't good. This will impact your energy-level, among other things.