View Single Post
Old 12-29-2001, 02:42 PM   #45
Arianah
Dojo: Aikido of Norwalk
Quote:
Originally posted by ca
Unrequested help/advice is generally unwanted/ unnecessary help/advice.
Perhaps, though I hardly ever request help from my partner, but if a sempai (or at least someone that knows what s/he is talking about) offers a little help, I am very open to receiving it, and often welcome it.

Quote:
Originally posted by ca
Unfortunately, no matter how often you tell one of those types, they are too in love with the sound of their own voice to care about what you need or want.
These are the ones that I do not welcome the advice of. Those that like simply to point out how wrong you are and how right they are, who couldn't care less if you learn or not. But if someone is really sincerely trying to help, they would most likely stop giving advice if they knew you didn't want it.

Quote:
Originally posted by ca
My first sensei would tell us that if you wanted your partner to get how to do the technique, you should do it clearly and correctly when you were nage, and be quiet when you were uke.
The problem with this sometimes, though, is that some people when they are uke are focusing completely on their falling. I know that when I am uke, especially for fast throws, I don't often pay attention to everything that nage is doing. I, myself, can't really learn a throw when I am uke; others may be able to. I like someone to sometimes verbally correct me. But that's just me.

Arianah