View Single Post
Old 12-29-2001, 08:26 AM   #1
mruk4u
Dojo: Ki Aikido, Brixton Unitarian Church
Talking Paul's introduction.../;-)

Hi ALL,

MY AIM IN 2001 WAS TO STUDY ALL STYLES, ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE - ATTENDING IRREGULARLY

Last year, 2001, I went along to 10+ martial arts lessons, in all...many different styles(Tai Chi, Fue Loon self-defence, Tomiki Aikido, Ki Aikido/-etc.)...many different teachers...many different places/faces...; and, with lots of considerably lengthy pauses in between. Many times I only went to just 1 lesson, alone, never to go back there, again, anymore. Other times, even if I did go back...I left a 6 month long gap in between taking one lesson, and, the next! Thus, I've remained a total beginner white belt in every club I go to...; and, it just feels like I'm getting absolutely nowhere!!!

MY 2002 NEW YEAR RESOLUTION - IS TO STUDY JUST 1 -(OR, 2)- STYLES - AND, REGULARLY

But, this year, 2002, I will try going to, at least, 100+ classes...and, also, choose far fewer clubs to have to go along to...finally, I will go along a lot more reguarly, as well.

Maybe, I needed the sheer variety, at first, just in order to show me the correct road which is really well worth following...and, so get to discover what, truly, does or does NOT work for me?!

And, finally, from out of sheer CONFUSION...there, suddenly, appears crystal clear CLARITY(at last)!

Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS, and, also, a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Bye4now!/BEST wishes, always!/-Paul(UK/London)

PS: Have a NICE day!
;-)