View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #37
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: Dan and Mike's Thread

I understand that you may not be able to teach it at an expo. The point of an expo is not to teach, but to show ideas, possibilities and to demonstrate concepts.

I would fully expect to be wow'd by your technique and how effective or different it was to anything I'd ever felt before as I came at you within the parameters that we agreed upon in which the demonstration would take.

The only issue I have had, and not necessarily with you Mike, is those that have professed to possess abilities, but then cannot demonstrate them effectively within the parameters we establish/agree upon.

No doubt that there are guys that can lift heavy weights with their penises. However, what is impressive to me is that you can translate that skill into something that is remotely useful to generally accepted within the martial arts or sports community, and be able to effectively demonstrate how it adds to or increases the effectiveness of the sport/art.

Saying, I'd show you but there is not enough time. Or I'd show you, but you do not have the right skill level, or I'd show you but then I'd have to kill you, generally peaks my BS meter right up there. You should be able to demonstrate this stuff on some level regardless of the time/skill level involved.