Jamie D. Ducusin wrote:
...You know you're a hardcore Aikidoka when:
- ...the Aikido dreams start.
- ...you find yourself with an irresistible urge to
bow every time you enter or exit a room.
- ...the smell of rancid sweat has become oddly
unnoticeable to you.
- ...you immediately stop what you're doing and sit
down whenever you hear someone clap their hands.
- ...you feel like doing Yonkyo anytime someone
reaches to give you a handshake.
- ...you no longer grip anything with your index
- ...you wear athletic tape and/or Neoprene braces
so often, they're practically fashion accessories.
- You blurt out "Hai!" when you're asked to do something at home, or at work.
- You wonder how you would flip someone in an elevator.
- You don't just open a door -- you extend into it from your center.
- Missing practice makes you feel like a caged animal.
- A crowded sidewalk always means tai sabaki practice.
- You've tried doing mai ukemi down a hill -- or on cement.
- Sensei regularly slams the crap out of you.
- You actually want Sensei to slam the crap out of you.
Highlighted ones pertain to me especially...
Some additional ones for me:
- You cannot think of the future beyond the next grading.
- People think you're a little "spacey" because you're always thinking about Aikido.
- Your spouse threatens to leave because you're gone to practice, demos or camps so much.
- Coworkers don't think of you based upon your work or department but refer to you as the "Aikido guy".
That is all...