View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 02:59 AM   #58
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
Re: What do you think?

Quote:
Szczepan Janczuk wrote:
I'm not negative, I state the reality. It is not my fault, that they had poor training.
One must face and accept the realit as it is, you like it or not. You can't live with rose eyeglasses -- not if you pretend to do Budo or MA. Illusions in aikido are very dangerous.
Szczepan,
I don't think it's a matter of stating "reality". I'll get a little philosophical and say none of us ever adequately expresses "the reality" of a situation. Each of us expresses what we think reality is and there's always something which is not entirely correct, in my opinion, and that includes your own perceptions, which may be incredibly insightful.
I disagree that what we saw wasn't Aikido. Aikido is a path, in my limited opinion. Few of us do Aikido in the strictest sense, where we're truly in tune with the universe around us, and if we do, it's rare. Aikido, in my opinion, is the act of becoming more in tune. If it's not as I just described, then I seriously doubt even you do "real" Aikido very often, though of course I have no way of knowing one way or the other.
That said, I do appreciate your honesty. You're right that illusions are dangerous, and sometimes we probably need people to state things bluntly to challenge us to do better. It's a valid point of view in my opinion. One can be blunt. Just be ready for the response such stern language inspires in people, and don't wonder where it comes from.
Take care,
Matt

Gambarimashyo!