View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 09:31 AM   #12
Dirk Hanss

Dojo: Aikidoschule Trier
Germany
Re: Strike Nikkyo

Quote:
Szczepan Janczuk wrote:
So I'll tell you my opinion. First, kihon is not a heap with 'what-if' techniques. It is logically connected chain of movement to learn principles. If you ever in aikido look for 'what-if' techniques, IMO you are completely lost the WAY.

Second, if you let uke stand up, only aikido uke will stand up and wait for your next technique. Normal person will try do run out -> it means increase distance between you and him. So you will have to run after him. No connection at all.

Trained person will try to decrease distance to make counter and enter directly to your center to unbalance you. You will be in defensive and will have to work hard again to regain control. No connection at all.

In both cases, the only way to effective control is to maintain this control all the way, not give a slide chance to recovery.
It is matter of maintaining 'connection' from you center to uke's center using nikkyo lock. This way you can keep him all way off balance. Once you release this controlling connection, you create an opening, you own weakness. .
Damn, ... I shouldn't have asked
Thank you for correction, sensei. I'll have to rethink and hopefully i am able to change accordingly.

Cheers Dirk

BTW Szczepan, obviously you didn't manage to come to Germany again this spring - I understand, Japan was more interesting. Do you already have a schedule for the next trip to Walldorf - with a short stop in Hoechst?