View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 02:59 AM   #9
Dirk Hanss

Dojo: Aikidoschule Trier
Germany
Re: Strike Nikkyo

Quote:
Szczepan Janczuk wrote:
That is very big mistake. There is NOTHING in the whole world that will guaranty you such uke's behavior. This is completely artificial comportment. Beginner will collapse down. Well trained attacker will enter to the legs to do take down.
You guys you reinforce some strange illusions, sorry to be honest, Dirk.
There is nothing to be sorry, Szczepan. I love your comments for being honest and competent, even if i do not agree with all of them.

Maybe I have not gone far enough in the DO to understand you totally, or my DO just is just a bit different from yours.

Just the explanation for our kihon-waza as far as I understood:
Kihon-waza is not realistic at all. It is just a sample of what-if examples to create a wide repertoire of techniques. So many parts are somehow artificial as karate-kata for example.

So I see this as the idea of "What if uke regains balance and continues to attack."
And if I recall the variations, we train, "let uke get up again", might be mistaken in order not to write a complete essay.

Nevertheless, the idea is to try many variations and find out, which one could be used in which situation. Some will be dropped, as they do not fit to my size or personality, come back later - or not. And then, in any situation, there should be something (instantaneously).

Is there anything wrong with this attitude?

Dirk

Disclaimer:
I apologise to everyone for giving bad explanations for probably bad techniques. YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY TO LEARN TECHNIQUES BY THE WEB. It is difficult enough, to learn them on the mat.