View Single Post
Old 12-14-2001, 08:34 AM   #56
Arianah
Dojo: Aikido of Norwalk
Chocolateuke:
Quote:
um girls develop these round soft spots just below the neck . . . and girls do you ever feel looked on by guys??
I've never been looked at etc. But one time I was partnered with this one guy and we were doing nikyo. When I attempted to pull his hand to my shoulder, I misjudged where my shoulder actually was a little bit . . . ehem . . . then he began saying "ha ha, I touched your boob!"

Arianah

Post Script: By the way, Kev, yours was a very thoughtful and interesting post. I believe that teaching is a very valid means of learning, but I must also agree with Colleen that it is sometimes at the sacrifice of someone else's practice time. I think it is valid for someone to feel frustrated at another because s/he is doing nothing but talking when they are supposed to be doing technique. Where I agree that we have to let go of certain expectations, I still expect that when I am paired with someone for practice that we will practice . I think it is less of a matter of "We have to practice in silence or else it isn't right!" than it is of "We have to practice!" I am all for sempai giving quick, precise corrections, and for kohai to validate what they have learned by saying, "now you step back, right?" but when someone starts giving a sermon on the mat, it becomes a problem.

Arianah

Last edited by Arianah : 04-01-2002 at 03:10 PM.