View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
Re: Contributing Membership "Pledge Drive"

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post some additional information regarding this season's AikiWeb Contributing Members Pledge Drive.

Keen-eyed AikiWeb community members may have noticed that the server had some downtime about a week and a half ago. This was due to the server suffering some hardware problems which necessitated my driving to the local CompUSA for a new power supply. Because of this downtime, I decided to do something I had been meaning to do for some time -- invest in an additional external server to house back-ups in case of a catatrophic failure of the main AikiWeb server.

At this time, I want to turn toward the AikiWeb community for your support in defraying these direct costs of running the server.

I would like to see if we can reach a target of $500 by the time this pledge drive ends on June 16th. That amount would cover (barely) the recent hardware costs for the servers.

In addition to the Contributing Membership, I wanted to point out that AikiWeb does accept donations.

So, you have two options if you wish to help out.

1) Become a contributing member by going to the following URL:

2) Send in a donation for AikiWeb by going to the following URL:

I'll keep everyone up-to-date as to how well this pledge drive is going.

In any case, I want to take this time to thank all of the members of the AikiWeb community for your support, participance, and enthusiasm over the years. Thank you, again, for your consideration.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!