View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 03:55 AM   #104
tedehara

Dojo: Evanston Ki-Aikido
Re: The "Jo Trick" and Similar Exercises

Quote:
Brad Darr wrote:
Mike,
Thanks for the lecture, but you didn't answer my question I wanted to know specificly where you read or saw this event with Tohei and the monks. I read everything I can get my hands on and had just not come across this story yet. I have read everything available in english by most of the teachers you listed. When I said I didn't know much about Tohei I meant I have never trained Ki Society and I have only read his sort of Biography, Ki: A path that anyone can walk. My original question was

[For those of us who can't "think of Tohei pushing over zen priests" is there somewhere to see this or some reliable account?]

Thanks again
Brad
One mention of this is at Ki-Breathing

Quote:
Andrew wrote:
The Ki Test. This is why Tohei Sensei went to the Zen monastery and pushed "all" the monks over. Not because he wanted to push them over but because they were not Mind and Body Unified. Because it is not good enough to have the form down. The Ki Test reflects perfectly what is in the Mind without a life and death situation or without 20 years of staring at a wall. These forms are fine and if one really wishes to "wake-up" and live life to its fullest then Shin shin Toitsu Aikido is as good a way as I have seen.

Last edited by tedehara : 05-04-2006 at 04:02 AM.

It is not practice that makes perfect, it is correct practice that makes perfect.
About Ki
About You