View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 04:18 AM   #66
Pauliina Lievonen

Dojo: Jiki Shin Kan Utrecht
Netherlands
Re: The "Jo Trick" and Similar Exercises

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote:
alexander techinque, Feldenkrais, yoga......

Many people that study aikido do these things. No doubt about it, they could improve your MA.

So is THIS what you are saying is lacking in aikido?
If studying Alexander technique and aikido would do the "trick", it should have been easier for me to push Rob over. Of course, it could be just me personally that is lacking.

I'm afraid I'm in the group of people who'd tell Dan, no way I'm doing THAT every day! I tried to keep doing the exercises we did with Akuzawa for a while after the seminar in Paris and I just don't like the way it makes me feel. Now it's entirely possible and very likely that I'm doing something wrong, and that I'm just not able to figure out how to practice in a way that I can integrate into everything else that I do, and that if I stuck to it it would get easier, or at least bearable, but there you have it. On my own I'm not going to keep it up.

Anyway, i'm back to my AT and aikido, and doing the exercises my teachers do. At least that way there's some feedback.

I have to say though, I'm happy I went to Paris. It's so much easier to grab someones wrist and feel what they are doing. Or not feel, as it may happen.

kvaak
Pauliina