View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 07:41 PM   #11
Michael O'Brien
Dojo: Nashville Aikikai
United_States
Re: Any instructors here ever challenged?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote:
I am not interested in a seminar with large numbers- I have no need.I've turned down 7 offers for seminars this year alone. Sorry, could care less.
Dan,
This seminar sparked a large amount of interest I'm sure with many of us and I am sorry to hear you won't be accepting the offer extended. VA I could easily make from Nashville, Tn but Mass. is a little further to try and make it.

Also regarding your "no need/care less" for large seminars, please remember it isn't about "you" but about your willingness to share your knowledge with others. Like I said, as I'm sure others on here feel as well, I'll most likely never have the opportunity to train in your dojo and learn from your knowledge. However, if you made it to VA, GA, one of the Carolinas, or any other place within a 5-7 hour drive of Nashville then I would have the pleasure of meeting you and spending 2-3 days learning what you have to offer.

On a side note I'll quote Jim below:
Quote:
Also typical is your unwillingness to discuss your background. Back near the beginning of this thread, one of the posters asked you about your aikido training, and why you stopped. You have yet to answer this question. I (and anyone else who uses a search engine) can surmise that you study (and teach) Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto-Ryu and Daito-Ryu Aikijujutsu. So why not just say so, name your teachers, and state your level of experience?
It was noticable again in your reply to Jim that you failed to provide any information on your training and background. Why?

Harmony does not mean that there are no conflicts,
for the dynamic spiral of existence embraces both extremes.