View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #16
Man of Aiki
Dojo: Aikido By The Bay
United_States
Re: Sexual harrassment

In a culture where feminists have been creating havoc for over 2 generations, any endeavor, no matter what it is, where men and women are bound to come into physical contact with each other is going to be ground rife with opportunity for someone with an axe to grind to push an agenda.

Having said that, yes sexual harrassment goes on at Aikido dojos. It is rare, many Senseis would not tolerate it if made aware of the fact that an incident has happened in their dojo, and we must be vigilant against people that try to turn every interaction meeting between men and women into a sexual power struggle.

If someone had told me 20 years ago colleges would institute rules dictating dating rules between men and women, down to specific questions that have to be asked by the male every step along the way, I would have laughed out loud.

As a matter of fact, there were several colleges with rules of that nature in the late 1990's.

The common leftist tactic of 'creating a crisis' (hate speech, date rape on campus, etc.) leads to stringent rules that revokes freedoms between rational adults (speech codes, posting of pics of every male on campus as a 'potential rapist', etc.) Every word a white student speaks to a black student that the black student doesn't like leads to charges that the motive of 'racism' led to the offending statement, which puts the white student at the mercy of the college's 'hate speech' laws. Any physical contact whatsoever between a male and a hypersensitive feminist is an act of 'sexual harrasment' motivated by 'hatred of women' and a desire to oppress them. Any luckless male who happens to accidently touch such a person in the hall ends up being denounced and then forced to sit through 'sensitivity seminars'.

I recently read a transcript of a debate between a military recruiter (an Iraqi War Veteran) and an 'anti-military recruiter' who fronts a group that tries to drive military recruiters off of college campuses.

During the course of the debate, the anti-military recruiter claimed that 90% of the women who served in the armed forces claimed to be the victims of sexual harrassment. He then blew the game by going on to claim that OVER ONE THIRD OF THE WOMEN IN THE MILITARY CLAIM TO HAVE BEEN RAPED.

It's over-reaching like this that often exposes the agenda on the part of these activists. Around 210,000 women are currently serving in the Navy, Air Force, Marines and the Army. One third of that is 70,000.

So basically, what this guy was claiming is that over 70,000 current female military personnel claim to have been raped.

Hmmmmm. Wonder by who? I guess we're supposed to infer.....BY THEIR FELLOW MALE SOLDIERS, OF COURSE.

So basically this guy was not only managing to claim that military service by females creates an entire class of victims, he's also claiming that the US Military is chock-full of rapists. The US military is overwhelmingly hostile to females and exploits them, and by floating this figure and then quickly moving on, he creates a perception that stays with the audience.

70,000 rapes, if that is true, when it's widely accepted that over half of rapes are never reported, would mean the actual number is far higher.

Why so many female members of the military then re-up when their first enlistment is up must therefore remain a mystery.

Activists like this run around creating perceptions of 'epidemics' of 'rape' and 'harrassment' and then are all ready to make everything better with a list of rules longer than my arm. (Which is quite long by the way). And by the time you figure out that their 'facts' were totally bogus and that they were all made up, they've already got the rules in place and you're stuck.

Sucker.

manofaiki