Old 04-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #102
aikigirl10
Dojo: Aikido of Ashland
United_States
Re: Am i missing something??

Quote:
David Valadez wrote:
Paige,

it is not an insult to point out that you were dismissive to Dennis' insight and assistance. nor is it insulting to suggest that a person that has not yet finished high school has probably not been partial to the latest academic discourse being practiced at the university level. we are dealing here with a matter of likely exposure - not a matter of personal intelligence. if anything, you'd not want the exposure level you have at the high school level to be the apex of your experience. i'm giving you the benefit of that doubt by expecting you to be exposed to a great deal more as you progress in your education.
It's an insult David, that you think you can make assumptions about people based only on their age and level of education. Don't assume i'm not smart because i'm a Sophomore in highschool. You don't know me and you don't know how much i've been exposed to.

The first time I took the ACT was in 7th grade. No, i'm not trying to impress you by any means believe me, I wouldn't waste my time. I'm trying to tell you that you need to stop questioning my intelligence and you need to stop making assumptions. "Likely exposure" is just that likely THis means often but not all the time.

So please David.... You're making my ears bleed...
*Paige*