View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
maikerus
Dojo: Roppongi Yoshinkan Aikido / Roppongi, Tokyo, Japan
Japan
Visiting Hawaii end of April - Makaha

Greetings all,

It turns out that I am going to be in Hawaii from April 28 to May 8 (2006). I will be staying in some town called Makaha which I am told is about an hour away from Honolulu.

Instead of spending all my days quietly relaxing on the beach I was thinking of seeing if I could take in some classes in the area.

I don't believe that there is any Yoshinkan in Hawaii but with the success of the event in Himeji I find myself eager to see and experience other styles.

Can anyone give me a contact or a reference to a dojo in or near Makaha that has accepts visitors from other styles? And, of course, if there is a Yoshinkan dojo in the area please let me know that as well!

A look at the dojo search pops up two dojos within 16 miles of Makaha. These are the Mililani Aikido dojo in Mililani and the Pearl City Aikido Club in Pearl City. Does anyone know anything about these clubs?

I am actually going to Hawaii to meet up with my parents and brother so I am not sure how much time I will actually have. I'm hoping that they'll let me out to play though

Thanks for your help,

--Michael

Hiriki no yosei 3 - The kihon that makes your head ache instead of your legs