View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #35
SeiserL

Dojo: Roswell Budokan, Kyushinkan Dojo, Aikido World Alliance
United_States
Re: Watch Out for Aikido 'Shihans'..........

OTOneH, I guess if all you are after are the physical techniques then rank or affiliation don't really matter. But at least people could be up front about it. I know a few independents who are very honorable that way. If you just want to fight, I know some great fighter without rank or affiliation at the local bar and they are honest about it.

OTOtherH, if they have to lie or falsify your credentials, buy rank, or steal an organizations, styles, or affiliations name without permission, than they must feel pretty bad about themselves, and wait in fear to be exposed. If they are lying to themselves and the general public, they will lie to you. Its who they are. No matter how good their technique is, they are still liars and thieves.

O'Sensei never want Aikido taught to people of low character, and it is my understanding that both O'Sensei and Doshu Kisshomaru Ueshiba believed that Aikido was about building better people and a safer world. That can never be done with a lie.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!