View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #9
James Davis

Dojo: Ft. Myers School of Aikido
United_States
Re: Am i missing something??

Quote:
Paige Frazier wrote:
I also don't feel guilty like i normally do after taking a while off. I dont know why. Usually i beat myself up over missing practice but not now. I don't know what to do really.
Hmmm, how can I say this as gently as possible?

You shouldn't feel guilty for missing your training, but you could feel a little guilty for the opportunities that you're denying people that want to train with you. While you're gone, nobody is benefitting from your experience.
Quote:
Paige Frazier wrote:
I'm curious about why i have no interest. I dont want to quit at all, but i just have no interest in going right now.
You're just burnt out a little. You have no interest in going to aikido class for the same reason that I have no interest in going to work. It's not that it's such an awful place, I'm just a little tired of it.
Quote:
Paige Frazier wrote:
And, i have absolutely no one and nothing to blame for it, except my mind just isnt in it.
I know you've had some minor problems at your dojo, so I'm glad you said that.
Quote:
Paige Frazier wrote:
Anyway, My question is , has anyone here ever simply lost interest for a while?
Yup.
Quote:
Paige Frazier wrote:
Or is it just me?
Nope.
Quote:
Paige Frazier wrote:
Did you pick back up later?
Yup.

Quote:
Paige Frazier wrote:
If so, how long did it take you to get back in it?
When I was a white belt, a week or so; now that I'm a black belt, I don't feel that I have a choice in the matter. Sempai should be there.
Quote:
Paige Frazier wrote:
Any answers, suggestions, or stories would be very helpful. Thanks!!
*Paige*
You're welcome, Paige. It was nice to hear from you again.

"The only difference between Congress and drunken sailors is that drunken sailors spend their own money." -Tom Feeney, representative from Florida