Thread: Trip to Paris
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 02:41 AM   #13
Guy Bellaiche
Dojo: Shodokan A´kido/France
France
Smile Re: Trip to Paris

Hi,

I live in Paris (actually in the suburb) and I practice Shodokan a´kido there.
Actually the dojo is not near the place you are going to live (Gare du Nord, isn't it ?), but you'll find a RER (kind of tube) going there in 20 minutes.
Lessons are wednesday and thursday evening (19.30 till 22.00) and sunday morning 10 till 13).
I don't know about the english of the sensei (because we don't have time to speak a lot during the lessons ) but I know about the man, who is really a friendly guy and about his lessons that are very physical and intense.

The Iwama dojo in Paris is located between Gare de L'Est and Gare du Nord, and is open almost all days of the week. There are lessons morning miday and evening. People there are also very friendly.

And you may also want to have a visit to C. Tissier's dojo (a´kika´), which is kind of institution here in France.

If you are interested I can give you details about the locations of these dojos, and the way and the hours to go there.

Nota : The date you are coming in Paris corresponds to the end of french scholar holidays. So, maybe, the Shodokan dojo will be closed the first week-end.