View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #74
Aiki LV
Dojo: VEGAS VALLEY AIKIDO
United_States
Re: Frustrated by unconvincing aikido

Quote:
Here's the thing, The telegraphed lunge punch defended by a wrist grab looks pathetic to anyone that has ever been in a real fight. No one cares what principles you think you are developing, the stuff doesn't work when the chips are down.
I have no problem with people having a different opinion, but this has to be one of the most over simplified statements I've ever heard. I think it is pretty obvious what you're intention is here. If I was someone who had never trained in aikido before that is what I would say too out of pure ignorance. Anyone who has been chucked on their butt by someone who knows what they are doing would disagree. I'd like to thank you for that over simplified and purposefully degrading post. Even though I don't always see eye to eye with other martial artists I would not go so far as to be intentionally rude or insulting about the art they practice. I think you show your true character when you say
Quote:
No one cares what principles you think you are developing.
See that is what separates people like you, you might not care about principles both physically and otherwise, but many of us do. I'm sorry you have such a large chip on your shoulder. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!