View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #19
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Re: Ki and Technique...

Hi Malc,

Where in my post did I claim that Mr. Stevens was a "liar"? You really should learn how to read before you cast such inaccuracies and aspersions. As it happens, I consider Stevens Sensei a friend, and teacher. I do not agree with all of his perspectives, but any disagreements with his perspectives are always polite and respectfull. I certainly wouldn't bandy them about in this forum, in any case. And certainly not with you.

If you wish to move this conversation forward, I'd accept an appology.

Best,
Ron
Quote:
Malcolm Anderson wrote:
" Morihei Ueshiba (1883-1969) was history's greatest martial artist. He was the founder of Aikido, which can be translated as "The Art of Peace." Morihei Ueshiba is referred to by the practitioners of Aikido as O-Sensei, "The Great Teacher". The following quotations have been compiled from O-Sensei's collected talks, poems, and calligraphy, and from oral tradition."
Hi ya Ron, As O'Sensei was Japanese and I can't read the Japanese language, I do rely on compilers and translators for an insight into the great mans words, (it's a shame that the points made in my thread were missed, but not completely unexpected). Please could you verify that Mr Stevens is a liar and any articles by him are also lies? As I wouldn't like to misquote O'Sensei.
Also Ron do you do meditation? And if so have you experienced Kensho? Also you made no comment on the article by Mr Leyland. Please feel free to add to this thread and move it forward. All the best Malc

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)