View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 11:17 AM   #25
tedehara

Dojo: Evanston Ki-Aikido
Re: Desperate to rehabilitate ki

Quote:
Peter Martin-Browning wrote:
Hello everyone

I recently bought a dvd of the late Saito Sensei demonstrating aiki jo and aiki ken<SNIP>Do you think that Saito Sensei or O Sensei were deluded when they spoke of ki as an actual force?
I look forward to your replies with great interest.

At your service

Peter Martin-Browning
I wouldn't worry too much about other people's training. The only thing that you can really do is try to perfect your own practice. Ki development training has never been a popular type of training in Asia. It's usually a highly skilled instructor with a small number of students.

You've shown an innate understanding of where ki development training ranks in the average aikido dojo, when you recommended people ask a taigi teacher. There are many points-of-views on ki development training. You can try to develop one perspective or explore them all, that is your choice.

Your experience in the martial arts will be different than an average one. You may develop axioms that are different than most other people. These can be sources of conflict or merely acknowledged points of disagreements.

This is not Christianity. You are under no theological obligation to proselytize your faith.

Good luck in your training.

It is not practice that makes perfect, it is correct practice that makes perfect.
About Ki
About You