View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #252
Adam Alexander
Dojo: none currently
United_States
Re: ?? Exaggeration in Aikido ??

Quote:
Michael Fooks wrote:
Ok if you prefer it in context here it is. Here's how the above looks to me. You've likened preparing for adapting to unpredictability and chaos in a fight to preparing for "being attacked by twenty dwarves while standing on one foot under a table"

This leads me to believe one of two things must be true.
a) You're simple
b) You consider unpredictability and chaos in a fighting context to be an unlikely occurance - as unlikely as your example. So unlikely that it's not worth training for.

I'm going to assume you're not simple. Which leaves us with b), which tells me you don't know a whole lot about fighting. Go and practice *fighting* with people who train to *fight* and you'll maybe get it one day.

How was that, better?
Yes, much better.

My reason for not explicity explaining my rationale is that I'm not in the business of giving away the knowledge that I've worked long and hard for. What am I going to do? Explain a few secrets to convince you? What for? You, apparently, can't even get what I'm saying with techniques...If you can't grasp that, you definitely couldn't grasp the rest of it (grasp/believe whatever).

I figure you're either 1)not under the tutelage of a knowledgable teacher, 2)you don't put the effort into it that is needed for you to understand, or 3)you've proven yourself to your instructor to not be a suitable recipient of direction. Whether any is the case or not, I could care less, but I know I'm not going to give you what you're not getting from the proper source.

As for the "chaotic nature" of physical confrontation. I've been in plenty of situations throughout my life. Aikido's there through all of it...Even on the ground...atleast...that's my experience.

I forgot...As for "knowing someone"...Yes. Several. However, I'm anticipating this one as a set-up...so, suffice to say, the above is the response for this one also...

BTW: This is in response to you too Ignatios.

Last edited by Adam Alexander : 02-28-2006 at 04:47 PM.