View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 06:53 AM   #85
malc anderson
Re: Religion and Aikido

Hi ya Mark, What did I mean ? I am fairly certain you know, but as you asked, you are one of the A.B.D.A. as you are an Aikidoka, you drink beer, and you have an associate. I wrote this because this is the spiritual part of this site and people who really want to practice the spiritual side of Aikido may come for advice, and with respect to everything the founder stood for we should lead them a least to ‘the Art of Peace', so that they may learn more about Satori and achieving this life changing wonder that lies in the heart of all us. The struggle for Enlightenment/Kensho is the only reason we are a live.
"The Art of Peace begins with you. Work on yourself and your appointed task in the Art of Peace. Everyone has a spirit that can be refined, a body that can be trained in some manner, a suitable path to follow. You are here for no other purpose than to realize your Inner Divinity and Manifest your Innate Enlightenment. Foster peace in your own life and then apply the Art to all that you encounter"
Some people take this to be very important, and for me the only part that I can do. I have tried to walk this path for 30 yrs and it makes me try to care for other travellers on the Way, it is a very difficult path, far more difficult than practicing physical techniques, and I was just giving the other side of the coin.
Meditation is about direct experience, not guesses, ideas, concepts, it's a shame Meditation is not used more in Aikido, it would require a least as much if not more time than people give to the physical side of this wonderful art you are so lucky to be able to do. Then what O'Sensei was trying to pass on would be really understood. All the best Malc
" It is the supreme state of Aikido to be one with the Spirit of the Universe. For this reason it is called the Budo of Unification and Oneness".