View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 09:44 AM   #20
MM
United_States
Re: Sunadomari Quote - Opinions Please

Quote:
David Valadez wrote:
Again, these are all very good points to consider. I think this is why that quote was so "out there" for me - meaning, it really drew my attention. There seemed to be so much to consider in order to be able to say such a thing with such confidence - seemed liked a good topic then for discussion, to go through all that should be considered. Like I said, I can get what Sunadomari is talking about, only I don't think I can be as sure as he seems about it. There just seems so much to think about and experience and how nearly any of these things can either lead toward or even away from his conclusion.
Hi David,
Yeah, that quote is something. What that "something" is, I haven't a clue. I imagine Sunadomari is somewhere way ahead of me in the Aikido game. I would definitely have to get more of Sunadomari's views regarding that quote before I could even think about what it means to my training. I see too much vague-ness in the quote. Tenkan to one school isn't exactly the same in another, not to even mention the theory behind tenkan.

But, I think if he means that changes to training must be made, yeah, I can agree with that aspect. Even the koryu arts change throughout the years. But why he views that tenkan training should be changed ... I don't have a clue.

Thanks,
Mark