View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 06:07 PM   #14
senshincenter

Dojo: Senshin Center
United_States
Re: Sunadomari Quote - Opinions Please

Quote:
Michael O'Brien wrote:
Very interesting theory, and in and of itself, I could see it being technically accurate.

The arts won't all evolve into one identical fighting art though due to factors such as "My Sensei taught TKD this way so I'll teach it this way" or "JKD is the only 'true' art out there so I'll only study that" or "I don't want to actually hurt anybody so I'll study Aikido" etc.

Please note that the arts chosen for the above examples are just examples and not a dig at any given art.

Simply, people train for different reasons and different goals so there will always be arts kept alive or invented/adapted to meet those goals and fulfill those needs.

Or at least that's my opinion.
Yes, I do think this could be one reason why arts resist coming together. In a way, for example, it's because they take themselves out, for one reason or another, of the natural environment of addressing the fighting advances or particulars of their age.

Good idea Michael - makes sense to me.

David M. Valadez
Visit our web site for articles and videos. Senshin Center - A Place for Traditional Martial Arts in Santa Barbara.