View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #14
stern9631
United_States
Exclamation Re: Shoulder Injuries

[quote=Kirit Basu]I recently injured both my shoulders during training and would really like to get some opinions on ways to fix them.

So here's a brief background, my natual reaction to stress seems to be a tightening of my neck and shoulder muscles. Over the last few weeks I've had a lot of stress at work and so even with a really good warmup before training, my neck and shoulders are quite stiff.

GO TO THE DOCTOR. GO TO YOUR PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN (if needed) AND GET A REFERRAL TO A ORTHOPEDIST!!!!!!!! [/i]

I called the physical therapy people (many different locations and businesses) to get the name of a good shoulder doctor. I figure that they deal with the aftermath of many procedures. Be advised that some of these places have business relationships with doctors.

I had these same symptoms and it seems like you are bunching up to protect and injury. I had neck issues, headaches, tense shoulder, spasms in my arms, etc...

I had what is called a bilateral Type II SLAP lesion. Basically the small flap that the bicep tendon attaches to was torn and partially detached from the rest of the shoulder. I had both repaired and all of that tension is just melting away. You should consider getting an MRI to see if there whas been any soft tissue damage (a tear). Take care of yourself. Use the technology that is available to heal yourself. Then when you go into physical therapy use whatever natural means you deem appropriate.