View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 02:17 AM   #94
Amir Krause
Dojo: Shirokan Dojo / Tel Aviv Israel
Israel
Re: Towards a unified A´kido ?

Edwin

First- if you have not understood the hints this is not "your thread". You only started it. You are not the only poster nor have you (or me for that matter) any privilege compared to any poster that posts in the next page.

Re: Towards a unified A´kido ?

Actually I believe in the last couple of years, we do see some sort of unification, of Aikido and many other M.A. it is not done via organizations. But rather, on an individual voluntary basis: internet sites that assist us to recognize others and learn to value their opinions, their different ways, their different techniques, etc.

This also supplies us with communication between students and practitioners. People can ask about the legitimacy of suspect teachers. You can find out about other styles, their history, their views etc. As some have mentioned, this also opens the route for some meetings and seminars.

Reality is stronger then any organization. Frauds will always be there. So long as they can earn something (with Aikido I don't know why they bother - the money is certainly not the reason). Any board that tries to give quality assurance, in order of dealing with fraud,
is bound to generate more harm to the smaller styles and organizations, then the benefit.

As I heard someone define it, with regard too styles - so long as a student can come from one place to another, and practice there, it is still Aikido.

Amir