View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #53
James Smithe

Dojo: undisclosed location
United_States
Re: Shodokan, Tomiki, Aikikai?

Quote:
No Biggie!!! If you are truly sincere in reaching your full potential in this style of Aikido start showing Tomiki Sensei some respect. Junana no hon Kata is a work of genious, it is limitless in variation and application I'm a NiDan and feel that ive only just begun learning it, my sensei has been doing it for fourty years and its still opening up to her. You have been disagreeing with what myself and other Dan grades have been saying about the Aikido/Judo relationship, we haven't been making it up, it is what Tomiki Sensei's works teach us. Ettiquette is the secret to success in the Japanese martial arts please try to use it to the best of your knowledge at all times. It was very poor thinking and a lack of respect saying you could Shomen ate a Judoka's but when frankly at your level you couldnt shomen ate your way out of a wet paper bag and I doubt if your break falling is at a level you could withstand a Judo throw at high speed. Any way train hard learn from your Sempais and Sensei's, read what you can of Tomiki Sensei and always begin with ettiquette and end with ettiquette and God willing you will come to know the wonderful art that is Tomiki Aikido.
1. Kenji Tomiki gets my utmost respect. He did alot to improve to Aikido I won't mention what because the Aikkikai guys will get pissed and say it's destroying it or something.
2. You're pretty sure of yourself for a nidan. Just because you're stronger than those around you doesn't make you strong. Forty years doesn't really mean jack. I know a guy in Judo who's been doing it for 40 years and he's 4th dan. I know another guy who's been doing it the same time and he is 7th dan.
3. So you think you're a dan grade and you're all that. You're not. Read 2.
4. I will not use ettiquete on the internet. The internet is about talking crap and being rude to people. For example I refuse to use the word Sensei myself online.
5. Exactly after I said I would shomen-ate a Judo guy I said I was just talking trash. Look it over to check.
6. By the time I go up against a Judo guy I will be so smooth he won't even throw me.
7. I read a little about Kenji Tomiki. What I remember is that Ueshiba's who is 4 foot 9 threw Tomiki's Judo butt easily and he became his disciple.
8. God? I will shomen-ate his butt too. Now you can put this in the humor section.