View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #21
MM
United_States
Re: Senshin Center's Exchange "Arriving"

Quote:
Anne Marie Giri wrote:
No I'm not making my point. If I had asked they would have become defense. These days I'd be able to find all kinds on info on Juko Kai. I would have asked. They would have gotten defensive. In the USAF school, the information is offered on their web site. No questions needed to be ask. And it didn't take me 6 months to figure it out. I started to notice problems right off, but I didn't participate on board like this to know that their actions were wrong. Part of the reason boards like this are so important is that people, absolute newbies, will know what the right questions are and what are clues that you're dealing with a fraud. They'll know by their reaction.

You're still defending being defensive that is telling me something about who you are. If lineage is not big deal to you then don't make a big deal out of someone asking about it. Tell him you unaffliated and leave it at that. Why the thesis?
Hello Anne Marie,

I think you have a valid point in your first paragraph, but (personally) I don't believe that Dave is talking about that kind of situation. And to illustrate that point, if you visit his website, you can view his school's lineage.

The point he makes using that "arrival" page is that a person who is looking to study a martial art should never be so hung up on lineage and papers proving said lineage that they miss the high quality teachings happening right in front of them. In other words, in one's search for that pot of gold, just don't overlook a pile of tarnished coins because you're searching for something shiny gold colored.

Mark