View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 11:45 PM   #29
Shannymara

United_States
Re: Practicing perceiving other energy?

I think it's really sad that so many people seem to think there's not much going on other than physics and normal nonverbal communication. I am a scientist by education and a left-brained, analytical thinker. Yet I am certain there is something else going on with "energy". I don't pretend to understand it, but I know it's real because of experiences I've had. And this is nothing to do with being brainwashed or tricked by my own expectations.

My most recent experience that was unmistakably related to "energy" was about a week ago in the dojo. My wrist was sore from being cranked on pretty hard, and I asked him if he would fix it for me. What I expected him to do was just rub it between his palms. What he did was simply put his hands around it and hold still, very gently with almost no pressure. After about 3 seconds my wrist and hand suddenly felt really hot, and simultaneously I felt an intense, pleasurable rush through my whole body. It was so intense that I actually swooned. I put my hand on his back, said "Oh my God," and almost fell down. Then he walked off. Wow. Just... wow. My wrist felt absolutely fine, and I felt sort of high for a few hours after that.

Now, that happened without me having any expectations about it. It took me totally by surprise. I've had several other intense experiences along those lines over the years. Go ahead and flame me if you want, but I'm a believer. I hope those of you who insist on reducing things to terms you already understand have the fortune to experience this someday, because it is a wonderful feeling.