View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #5
senshincenter

Dojo: Senshin Center
United_States
Re: Senshin Center's Exchange "Arriving"

I hope that one can see that I agree with that position - that there is nothing wrong with asking for background information. The issue, which I would not describe with the moral term "wrong," centers over whether or not it is wise to put so much stock in federation history and/or papers that one comes to doubt one's own first hand experience.

I think in many respects, a person after background is trying to be cautious - cautious against things like an abuse of power, etc. Yet, in my opinion, one of the greatest things that allows for an abuse of power to take place is that the supposed victim starts to doubt his/her own first hand experience. Thus, for me, something really "disjointed" is going on when a person thinks they are serving caution well whenever they cannot tell what they are seeing or feeling or sensing until someone else tells them what they are seeing, feeling, sensing, etc.

dmv

David M. Valadez
Visit our web site for articles and videos. Senshin Center - A Place for Traditional Martial Arts in Santa Barbara.