View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 08:42 AM   #8
John Boswell

Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States
Re: Fight or Quit: there is no choice

I'm glad you got something out of it, Lou. And to be honest, I may do the same as you.

It isn't easy to stick to things and see them through. In fact, seeing through to the completion of anything is one of the things that sets winners off from loosers, if you really think about it.

How many people run the Boston Marathon or NY or LA marathons every year. Think they consider themselves loosers for not being first? Nope. Not one of them. Just ask Oprah!

And I realized we got side-tracked being funny about the soke thing, but in all honesty... this is quite a serious topic.

Think about it: Do you really want "quitting" to be an alternative to anything you do? Stop smoking. It's a choice. Stop working in a dead-end job. Stop drinking to excess. Stop whatever you want. But the whole mindset of "I quit" is just to messed up and should be condemned, not condoned.

Good luck with your training, Lou! Keep at it and if you haven't started a blog here on Aiki-web, do so and keep everyone posted on your progress! You'd be surprised how many people take interest.