View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 10:24 PM   #16
Jeff Sodeman
Dojo: San Diego Jiai Aikido
Re: New Aikido Commercial...

Thanks for all the supportive replies! Roy did a great job editing this for us and it was his idea to put it together.

At Jun's suggestion we've posted a downloadable higher quality version of the video on the site in addition to the streaming version.

As to some of the specific comments...
Quote:
I wouldn't let that news room back into the dojo again though. I think that would have scared more poeple away from Aikido than attracted them.
His adventure news segments are all edited to make it look like he get's it rough, and the fellow news people always razz him. He was a good sport and actually did pretty well.

It does bring up something I always struggle with in doing demos for potential students though. Do you show them some hard stuff to inspire/impress or does it make it look to difficult and scary. On the other hand it's too easy for aikido to come off looking faked and fluffy.
Quote:
The guy doing the sankyo (nage) appeared to be moving in a counter clock wise motion in a "walking" fashion.
Just an illusion based on the uke's movement and not seeing the nage's feet.
Quote:
Too cool. Compliments.

Keep us posted on seminars.
Thanks Lynn, Ikeda sensei is scheduled to come out again March 3-5, 2006. I'll post the details to aikiweb as we get them ready.