View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 01:49 PM   #164
mazmonsters
Dojo: independant
United_States
Re: Aikido and being Christian

Erick,
to try and answer your question (some of your wording is a bit confusing though) the teachings of Jesus Christ in my Scriptural opinion are that it is impossible to do what Jesus told us to do. He not only said to turn the other cheek, but He also said to love your nieghbor as yourself. We do not do that...and the example I'll give you is an easy scenario in that you and I own a business together. I am going to make sure that my end is taken care of first, as you would yours. This is not loving your nieghbor as yourself. Jesus was telling the people of Jerusalem these things because He was "stacking the deck" against them. He was bascially adressing the self-righteous problem of Israel, which they were up to their necks in. He told them that not only would it be impossible for a rich man to enter into heaven, but also if they looked lustfully at a woman, they committed adultery. Do you see it? Jesus kept all of these laws perfectly for us. With His death, He said, I will take your place on that cross...EVERYONE. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. This is not pre-redemption alone, but post-redemtion as well. "On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (Mark 2:17) Who needs God? Someone who can do it on their own (or try to anyways) or someone who knows they can't? The greatest discovery is knowing your own shortcomings, knowing your weakness, your faults...compare yourself to Christ, for your entire life, and see just how "good" you are...and then surrender, knowing that you can never do it. You can't measure up, because in essence, Jesus was proclaiming that unless you were just like Him, you wouldn't get into heaven. And this is how we can- through Him alone. How does someone please God? "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Hebrews 11:6) "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith." (Romans 16-17) "But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:21-23) "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20). We please God by believing in Jesus Christ as our only means of Salvation, thus Christ now lives in us by power of the Holy Spirit, and we do become just like Him, through faith...not our flesh, for that is dead and full of sin...Morihei Ueshiba believed that it was a matter of the flesh as well as the spirit, baptizing himself daily and performing the aikido ritual to perfect himself, while denying that Jesus was God, and He alone could save. This is actually blasphemy, my friend. It is by faith we believe that Jesus did it all for us, that we do not contribute to our own salvation that makes Christianity and aikido meet at odd ends.
To Kevin,
no one is good, no one can become good...this lie is what sends people out of God's sight. "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" (Jeremiah 17:9)
There was only one who was perfect and good. He died for you. It is not the goal of Jesus Christ to unite all of mankind. Jesus said:
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man's enemies will be the members of his own household." (Matthew 10:34-36)
What makes you think all of humanity should be united if Jesus Himself said it wouldn't happen?
The reason I am "wasting my time" on here is simple: To tell people what Christianity is, and to stop the perversion of the Gospel as it was being done by people who said they were followers of Christ.

-In Christ,
Matthew

Last edited by mazmonsters : 11-15-2005 at 02:00 PM.