View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #158
mazmonsters
Dojo: independant
United_States
Re: Aikido and being Christian

James,
just a short add on here. The reason that true Christianity must be presented and understood as such a seperate "religion" is because one can take the teachings of Jesus Christ alone, with no regard to his death and resurrection (which if, by the way, did not occur, then we would have nothing to base our faith on), and mix those teachings with many other religious beliefs, philosophies, ideaologies, etc... to create some "truth" which speaks to their feelings and emotions and "works for them." This would give justification to the statement: "All paths lead to God, if they are sincere." This could be true if Jesus did not die and rise again. Without the significant events that took place at Calvary, then there would be no need to argue that Jesus is the only way to heaven. If He just died and there was no resurrection, all paths could lead to God...in theory. Though Judaism would still be the only truth and the world would still be waiting for a messiah.
But Christ is the great stumbling block to mankind. And to pervert the message of the Gospel by watering down the truth that Jesus spoke: "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." (John 14:6-7), is not the gospel at all. This is why for the people who claim to be Christians and do not claim that Jesus is the only way to heaven are either confused or they do not know Him. I was confused also, and believe me, I still get confused, lol. I still have my doubts and fears and troubles, like all Christians...but the more I just leave it in God's hands, the easier life is.
I hope that this makes some sense and clears some clouds for you. Any teaching that says there is many ways to get to God is not Christianity. I don't know what it is.
In Him,
Matthew