Old 11-11-2005, 11:52 PM   #64
senshincenter

Dojo: Senshin Center
United_States
Re: Rank-Aikido (pun intended)

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote:
David,

Well, despite your protestations that the thread was in no way concerned with him, you yourself started the thread with Doshu as the main example. So I think you have no grounds for requesting a separate thread, if other posters want to focus on Doshu, rather than the other issues. After all, this is a general Internet discussion, not an academic seminar directed by a chairperson.

Yours sincerely,

Hi Peter,

It's the martial effectiveness of Doshu that I think is an entirely different topic. I clearly stated that here:

"If one wants to make this about THE MARTIAL EFFECTIVENESS OF DOSHU, one should start a new thread. Under that topic, I would have nothing to say but maybe, 'Who cares.'"

The suggestion to start a new thread, as with everything we all write on here, is my individual opinion. I did not feel it necessary to spell out that I am not the chair-person and/or that my suggestion is not a commandment. If this thread is concerned with Doshu, it is only in as much as we are all involved with the practice of Rank Aikido - he as well.

On the other hand, if want wanted to speak about the martial effectivess of Doshu here, I would at least expect a person to demonstrate its relevance before attempting to interpret the thread in such a manner. For me, I just can't see how such a topic can be connected here.

regards,
dmv

Last edited by senshincenter : 11-11-2005 at 11:58 PM.

David M. Valadez
Visit our web site for articles and videos. Senshin Center - A Place for Traditional Martial Arts in Santa Barbara.