View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
RobertFortune
Dojo: Ronin
United_States
Thumbs down Aloha Folks (That's a Howdo!)

Hi ya'll,

I'm *real* new here. Today is only my second day here and I just recieved my registration confirmation so I thought I'd take our host Jun's advice and introduce myself.
I myself do *not* practice Aikido, but it does interest me. My interest at this point in time is more a general interest. Mostly the reasoning (philosophy???) behind Aikido which of course would be tied directly to it's history which in turn would be tied to Japanese history, culture and the Japanese people.
From a practical viewpoint *I* believe that a life(style) which promotes both inner as well as outer development is in fact a superior strategy as far as how best to guide oneself through one's own life (path). As opposed to say strategies which focus only or mostly on one's inner development (Ommmm).
Anyway as you can tell I do like to go on and on and on... I would be most grateful if any of you folks have any (free?) resources online such as ebooks in .PDF file format or perhaps DVDs that you could recommend as good for a newbie to Aikido such as myself. Mahalo (Thanks in the Hawaiian language).

-Robert