View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 08:02 PM   #81
Upyu
Dojo: Aunkai, Tokyo
Re: Kokyu explanation

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
This is the level I would suggest is appropriate to train the ki/qi as opposed to anything approaching "deep muscle tendon", because there is another important level beyond this that can't be entered if there is too much tendon/muscle involvement. The tendons will develop over time; the danger of going off on a tangent can be heightened by trying to rush too quickly into higher tension usages, IMO and FWIW.
So, without overtly activating the tendons, keep the contradictory push/pull tug going at each part in the body?
When you say the muscles are relaxed, how relaxed are they?
In my case, they have a slight tension in them more due to the fact that I'm trying to keep that "push/pull" sensation going on in each joint of the body (that's put extremely simply though).

If you alternate the training so that you use the tension generated by relaxation and intent directed inward (pulling into yourself) to "hardcode" the groundpaths (done through say like, a shoulder wide horse stance),
while using softtraining in which you use the same groundpaths but more naturally and almost zero muscular tension (while maintaining) will it still impede the higher levels that you were talking about?