View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 02:42 PM   #18
Janet Rosen
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Re: committed attack/sensitive ukemi paradox

Quote:
David Valadez wrote:
When we do, new solutions will arise. For example, we may come to see that it is nage's job to uproot uke or to not let uke be rooted. We may see that it is not uke's job to remain "unrooted," but that nage must respond, for example, to uke's attack sooner (at its origin or in the midst of it) -- before uke can root him/herself and when the attempt to root him/herself can be used tactically against him/her. Yet, as new solutions arise, new problems also arise. This is where I read Janet to be coming from. (SNIP) How do we learn to attack when only attacking is being prescribed of us? We ask this here because up to now in our training this has not been asked of ourselves...... How do we learn to land safely when nothing else is being asked of us? We ask this here because up to now in our training this has not been asked of ourselves...
WOW I've opened an interesting conversation!! I'm enjoying reading through it today and have just gotten through David's long one. Many thanks to all and esp for this one. I would use different language to express what you are saying but I think in essence we are discussing the same phenomenon. yes....gonna keep reading the thread....

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield