Thread: Aikido Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 03:49 AM   #13
Jiawei
Singapore
Re: Lightning Bolt, Steven Seagal and Aikido

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote:
Well, it's a viewpoint I don't agree with, but some do feel that Aikido Journal operates too much as a business, and not just a source of information. I guess it's because of the product focus that the site has now, combined with how that product focus might seem to reflect and promote only specific views within the aikido community.

Personally, I am gratefull for the information they provide, I have enjoyed the products I've purchased, I think that hard work deserves a financial reward, and I know there were many years were Stan Pranin and others involved made peanuts. So if they get something back for all those years and all that effort it's fine by me.

But that's just my own opinion...others may well feel differently.

Best,
Ron
Yep. Totally agree. Hey maintainence of the website and the operation need money you know ? Whats Stan supposed to do ? Live off his rich dad's inheritence ? ?? Come on. Everybody's a critic. The articles are great. There are a lot of freebies too.... And you still have a choice on wether you want the product from their website or somewhere else . Its not a monopoly or anything. How no one complains about Kinokuniya or border's selling Aikido books at sky high prices. At least in my country they do...