View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 06:07 AM   #51
Larry John
Dojo: Aikido of Northern Virginia
Re: quickness & accuracy

My thanks to you, David, for all of the time and effort you obviously put into what you're doing.

The folks at my office have often said that I have a peculiar talent for creating BFO's (Blinding Flashes of the Obvious). Hopefully it's useful to others--it has appeared to have been for me. My poor fevered brain gets too easily cluttered by distractions for me to retain long text passages.

Self delusion is a tough thing to fight. For me, it has often taken the hard light of outwardly imposed reality (a well-placed atemi, a less-than-stellar performance review or a "frank discussion" with a spouse) to get my to recognize that what I thought I knew or was doing well was not so. After fifty years of what some might call "significant emotional events" you'd think I'd recognize my own delusions more readily, but I'm not sure that's actually the case. Hey, at least I have something familiar to look forward to!

Oh, for any who are curious, here's a link to the Rule of Saint Benedict in a single file. It's a tad long, but,as David observes, can be well worth reading and contemplation (http://www.kansasmonks.org/RuleOfStBenedict.html).

Warm Regards,
Larry

Last edited by Larry John : 08-23-2005 at 06:17 AM.

Larry