View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 10:01 AM   #12
mazmonsters
Dojo: independant
United_States
Re: Relating Aikido and Christianity

My dear mislead Dirk. You have no idea what I am talking about, I see. To "know" Jesus is to believe in him, confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord. He is the only way to salvation. Not your "good works." For God looks upon good works alone as filthy rags. Your "goodness" will not get you into heaven. The bible says that He will give EVERYONE a chance to know Him. I know there are people who may have never heard the name Jesus Christ, but if they are chosen, God has already placed them in the heavenly realms.
John 15:18-20
18"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.'[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.
Ephesians 1:10-12
11In him we were also chosen,[a] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.
1 Thessalonians 1:4-5
4For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.
1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.