View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 03:02 PM   #89
Aristeia
New Zealand
Re: ?? Exaggeration in Aikido ??

Quote:
Jean de Rochefort wrote:

Micheal Fooks: I don't think you know what you're talking about. "Bouncing from technique to technique" is ludicrous. If you get your hands on someone and you can't plant the technique, you used the wrong one. That's not Aikido.
Ok I'm really trying not to be rude here but you're making it hard. If this is not something you are training then your training is deficient. It's called henka waza. You may be going for ikkyo ura but don't get underneath the elbow so switch to kote gaeshi. Someone may be resisting your juji nage so you switch to shiho nage. There's a limitless range of possibilities but there's also a number of techniques with specific relationships to other techniques depending on how uke is responding. The idea of flowing from one tech to another as uke changes their engergy lines is what makes aikido aikido. The two step drills we do are to teach basic techniques and concepts. In an active jiyu waza against an uke who isn't tanking you need to be much more flexible. This is something you must train.

Quote:

I do know what a sucker punch. When you're good at Aikido, there's no such thing...you're never a sucker.
uh huh. to clarify is this something that is actually achieved or one of those things that Aikido will give you once you know it all (while remembering that no one ever does).

Quote:

To the numbered: 1)Nope. I don't tell them. I let them believe what they want.
Go back and re read your posts on this thread. you've specifcally told people that things they are saying will happen in reality is because they haven't been training enough.
Quote:
2)It's not necessary. Aikido teaches you the infinite realm of body movement.
really? Tell me again where in the traditional aikido syllabus I'll find shrimping?

Last edited by Aristeia : 07-27-2005 at 03:07 PM.

"When your only tool is a hammer every problem starts to look like a nail"