Re: Top 10 Reasons Why You Joined Aikido
I started doing aikido for the following reasons:
1. It is similar in some ways to things that I have a lot of background in like wrestling and football.
2. Aikido is a good workout and is interesting and fun.
3. to do a martial art because I travel a lot and wanted to learn some basic self-defense.
4. To improve my overall health if possible- I am a cancer survivor trying new things
5. To learn something completely new and foreign
6. To be a student again - I have been coaching and teaching for many years
7. To learn to move gracefully
8. because older people can do it
9. because having short legs is not a disadvantage