Dojo: Ithaca
United_States
Re: Catholic Aikidoka

Quote:
Michael Kimeda wrote:
Sola Scripture
Pig headed Protestants

1 Timothy 3:14-15
Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that, if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth

In case you would like an interpretation: the Church is the pillar and foundation of the truth. not the bible... how do i know this? the bible says it.

Michael Kimeda

I know that some who are even victims of the Roman Catholic Church-state have pointed out your logical shortcomings on your response to me since you posted the above. You are begging the question. Remember, logical consistency is the negative test for truth. Protestantism is free from such error.

The Bible alone is the Axiom. The Bible alone is the mind of God revealed to man (John 17:8 for example). It alone defines what the church visible is, not the other way around. From this only axiom we explicitly state or logically deduce a complete system theology.

Again, the Roman Catholic Church-state claims that ordinary man can not interpret the Bible because it is infallible. They then claim that because of this the ordinary man needs an infallible interpreter (supposedly the Roman Catholic Church-state). But then who will interpret the infallible interpretation given to the ordinary man by the infallible interpreter? It follows that we must have another infallible interpreter to interpret this new infallible interpretation, and so on--ad infinitum.

So, rather than take anyone's word for it, you should be like the Bereans. Rather than resting on "church authority (sola ecclesia)," they "searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so" (sola scriptura--Acts 17:11).

Red Beetle