View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 10:00 PM   #73
wxyzabc
England
Re: Catholic Aikidoka

"Errrr.....actually, the bible is specific about God (Yahweh, Jehovah, etc) being the only God. " Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth" Exodus 20:3,4. Exodus 20:5 begins " Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them....". Psalm 86:10 states "For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone". Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord". Revelation 1:8 says "I (God) am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end....."

Hey thats interesting...first time I've read anything from the bible though I am supposed to be catholic. But you know when I read this it sounds to me that we are being told that we are supposed to be Gods...no? especially the bit "for thou art great, and doest wondrous things..thou art God alone"...is that talking about us?

mmm...anyway I'm certainly not religious...I always liked the quote by Henry David Thorea "talk of heaven..ye disgrace earth"...