View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 12:46 PM   #56
guest89893
Dojo: Jihonjuku/ St.Pete. FL
United_States
Re: Catholic Aikidoka

Quote:
August Valenti wrote:
I too have studied and practiced Christian mysticism (as a secular Discalced Carmelite), and have benefited from Buddhist meditation techniques...
August, I can't believe I glossed past the fact you were a Secular Discalced Carmelite, perhaps we should have been asking you.
Taken from their website:
In addition to the Second Order, Blessed John Soreth also began the Third Order of Carmel, now known as Secular Carmelites, and wrote their first Rule. The Secular Order's profession of the vows of obedience and chastity, according to one's state of life, is a unique factor which distinguishes its members from all other secular groups affiliated with Monastic Orders. The practice of these vows has endured through the centuries even to the present. In practically every place where there is a Carmelite Monastery, and in many places where there are none, men and women in the world, attracted by this spirituality of total devotedness to God, form Communities of Secular Carmelites.

Repeating the last phrase:
attracted by this spirituality of total devotedness to God, form Communities of Secular Carmelites. not going to write out the first rule but this line pretty much gives a broad view also from their website:
pledge allegiance to Jesus Christ... Carmelite Rule
So in researching Ki/Chi you are going to find a wide variety explanations - for me since it is in all things & all things come from God, it is not an issue. When you drive a car an negotiate it through traffic your using your Ki, so to when you laugh, anyways I am now more interested in your take about it August.