View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 05:46 PM   #199
tedehara

Dojo: Evanston Ki-Aikido
Re: Highest Level Martial Arts and Aikido

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
You cannot see the mind when someone is laying bricks or driving a car, either... and the mind and body are coordinated in these things, too. Ki demonstrations are the mind and body coordinated in ways the body does not naturally coordinate ("these skills are not intuitive; they must be learned"). I have seen these sorts of demonstrations for many years; they are done because someone wants to show that he can do them. Granted, there's not a lot of information out there (which is deliberate), but these things are not THAT hard to do and they don't have to be put on a pedestal or dragged out for years and years. They just have to be practiced.

Mike
Of course you can see someone's mind and body coordination in everyday life. That is the real test of a person's mind and body unity. A person's mind is expressed through the body. All you need is a good observer to see it.

I do agree that these ki demonstrations and ki testing have to be practiced. You can't give someone a ki test cold and expect them to pass. I think that was one of the reasons why the zen priests didn't pass Tohei's ki testing.

It is not practice that makes perfect, it is correct practice that makes perfect.
About Ki
About You