View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #18
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Possible Ki & Kokyu Workshop

Quote:
Don J. Modesto wrote:
Thanks for the offer. Your posts are quite erudite, but could you take a moment to describe what you've trained in, with whom, for how long, and your teaching experience?
Sure, I could do that and I think there are different bio's of me floating around the net, but let me point out the main reason why I don't flout my CV publicly very much (be glad to answer privately, though).

If I do a sort of gadfly approach, which I admit that I do, and I provoke some people, which I admit that I do although I claim justification, I don't feel like I can prod people into discussion while associating other peoples' names freely. If you see my point. If you, for example, had been a teacher of mine, wouldn't you appreciate it if I somehow separated my sometimes-provocative conversations from the use of your name? That's the reason I don't go out of my way to lean on other peoples' names.... that and the fact that usually no matter what someone's bio is, you never know what they can do until you meet them.

If you're interested in my teaching experience, publications, etc., type my name into Google. However, let me point out, as I have before, that I don't have a school, I don't make my living from anything martially related, and I only do workshops if I feel like it. My workshops, etc., all center around how to use the body for developing ki/qi-related skills... not a particular martial art. The martial arts I've studied for extended lengths of time are judo, karate, Aikido, Taiji, Xingyi, Bagua.

Regards,

Mike